Non-compliance with HACCP;
manual update of food records; data silos
resulting in inaccurate hygiene data; lack of
Delivered a HACCP-compliant
food safety monitoring system; built a
connected ecosystem for accurate and
timely monitoring of food quality; built a
dashboard for real-time monitoring
Achieved regulatory compliance;
automated record keeping; improved
visibility across the food supply chain;
delivered real-time insights.
- Demonstrating a real commitment to food safety and compliance with the latest food standards helps enterprises gain successful entry to global markets. Unfortunately, our client’s business situation was the complete opposite. Their existing food safety and management system was not HACCP compliant, which threatened their credibility and reduced the profit and growth opportunities.
- Traditional, reactive food safety measures such as spot checks and random sampling were not sufficient to keep up with increasingly stringent food safety standards. Moreover, factors such as manual record-keeping, delayed monitoring of kitchen hygiene, and disparate data sources made accurate food hazard analysis complex.
- Absence of a dashboard for their food safety monitoring system was another major issue. Without real-time insights, our client was unable to quickly and accurately monitor food quality and make timely decisions to prevent or correct possible food safety hazards.
Headquartered in the UK, our client is a leading provider of food safety and compliance solutions, including hardware and software, to businesses in the food, beverage, and hospitality industries.
We helped the client build a cloud-based, HACCP compliant food safety system that analyzes and controls biological, chemical, and physical hazards. This system enabled our client to use wireless devices to upload information about food hygiene, accelerating the reporting and correction of possible food hazards. The newly-developed system uses scientific measures to identify critical control points, ensures risks are reduced to safe levels, and prevents deviation from standard operating procedures. This fully-compliant system opened the gateway to international trade, improved the bottom-line, and enabled the company to maintain its strong brand reputation.
Our team used IoT technology to create a food supply chain ecosystem that connects producers, manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, and other stakeholders through a unified platform. Sensors and actuators were embedded to remotely manage the inventory of perishable food items and maintain the temperature logs of freezers and refrigerators in real-time.
We also built a dashboard to regulate operations and provide a centralized view of data from multiple sources and locations. The dashboard enables our client to analyze data, scrutinize processes, draw insights to calibrate risks, unlock trapped supply chain value, and ultimately, boost the safety and freshness of food.
- 100% compliance with HACCP guidelines
- Real-time insights on food temperature improved decision-making ability
- Remote monitoring of food hygiene
- Centralized data collection and dissemination
- Efficient inventory management
- Improved gap assessment and risk analysis